Are you our new UX Researcher?
Would you like to make a real difference in the Norwegian healthcare industry? We are now looking for a User Experience Researcher to come join our team and really set the standard for research methods in Deepinsight’s design team. We are growing at a fast pace, which enables tailoring the kind of role that aligns with your career goals within UX research. In this role, your work and opinions will greatly impact our product development process and we can promise you a lot of professional freedom in a fun working environment. We hope you are up for the challenge!
THIS IS US
At Deepinsight we aspire to change the world for the better through the use of mathematics and code. Our mission is to take advantage of the unused potential in today’s health data through mathematics and code to create better health services. This will directly result in higher quality patient care, more efficient hospital operations and facilitate further research on the use of data in the healthcare sector.
We are an ambitious, highly skilled and curious group of 27 people, who are motivated by and believe in building data-driven products that will completely alter the way healthcare works today. Together we are on a journey of making data-driven healthcare a reality, by learning, inspiring and challenging each other every single day and have built a safe work environment where “Deeps” can thrive and be happy nerds. We are part of Kernel, a big Norwegian e-health and technology group. Kernel is our long-term strategic investor, and we actively collaborate with Norway’s largest electronic health record service provider for hospitals, DIPS AS.
In this position you will have the main responsibility for all user experience research in Deepinsight, working on a team with our Designer and Head of UX. You will be planning and conducting UX research by choosing the method that is best suited for the research question at hand (both qualitative and quantitative methods). Research methods may include in-depth interviews, participant observation, surveys, user testing with administration personnel at hospitals, nurses, doctors, engineers, etc. Upcoming projects entail working with Norwegian hospitals on understanding patient flow and logistics, as well as how clinicians use data to care for their patients.
You will also take part in the prioritisation of what will be developed together with the Product, Tech, and UX team. You will be a part of defining how we do UX at Deepinsight by spreading insights from your research work internally to the organisation as well as contributing to continuous development of methods to strengthen the professional environment within UX.
WE HOPE YOU
- Have a university degree in anthropology, psychology, human factors, sociology, design or in a comparable field with a strong focus on research. Master’s degree is preferred, however, experience can compensate for lack of formal education.
- Have 3+ years of experience with user experience research, both qualitative and quantitative, conducting research from end-to-end during the product development process, from methodology design to analysis and presentation.
- Display high-level independent behaviour: you take responsibility, are self-driven, take initiative and love to learn.
- Are a communications enabler, getting information that helps drive decision making.
- Are comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment where your responsibilities will vary and may change as the company grows.
Professional proficiency in Norwegian is considered a qualification for this position. Also, a history of co-creation with development teams is a plus but not required. Previous experience in health tech is also highly valued.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- Purpose: The opportunity to join and shape a purpose-driven company aiming to truly make a difference in healthcare. Here you will take on the challenges that lie ahead in scaling and building a technology company together with other talents, with plenty of opportunities for personal growth.
- Work culture: A culture that fosters continuous learning, curiosity and transparency. We have a flat hierarchy, where everyone's opinion is valued. We enjoy spending time together both for sharing knowledge and social experiences. Our ENPS (Employer Net Promoter Score) is double the industry standard (Q1, 2022) which we are very happy and proud of!
- Hybrid and flexible: Our belief is that culture and great work emerge from real connections, and that face-to-face time is an important part of that. That’s why we wish for our employees to spend at least a few days per week at the office. We offer flexible work hours and flexibility on office days versus home office days, giving room for the employee to adapt to what works best for them.
- Salary and benefits: We are a well funded start-up company and can offer a competitive salary range. We also offer private health insurance, paid mobile telephone subscription, and have monthly social activities together.
- Ownership: Every employee is a part of our success, that's why everyone can participate in our employee shareholder programme and have the opportunity for stock options.
We are located in Karl Johans gate, but by Feb 1st we are moving into our new, cool and modern office space in Rådhusgata, close to Aker Brygge. A space where all Deeps can feel comfortable, have fun and build great products and relationships.