Would you like to use your craft in design for bringing very concrete improvements to peoples’ lives? We at Deepinsight are a purpose-driven group of people on a mission to change the lives of people for the better. Our vision is to take advantage of the unused potential in today’s health data through mathematics and code to create better health services. This will directly result in higher quality patient care, more efficient hospital operations and facilitating further research on the use of data in the healthcare sector.
We shoot for the stars and have partnered up with the finest companies and investors in the industry to reach our ambitious goals. We have an active collaboration with Norway’s largest Electronic Health Record (EHR) service provider for hospitals, DIPS AS, and we have brought on Kernel AS as our long term strategic investor. This unique triangle of players sets the stage for one of the most thrilling startup adventures in the intersection of healthcare, data and technology in Europe.
We are now looking for a Senior UX Designer to join our team to design best-in-class products following human-centered design methods and set the standard for design at Deepinsight with our Head of UX. We are growing at a fast pace, which enables tailoring the kind of role that aligns with your career goals - the role can lean towards mentoring or architecture work, for example.
Would you like to join the adventure and make a real difference in the Norwegian healthcare industry? We hope to talk to you soon!
Key responsibilities as Senior UX Designer
- Design best-in-class digital products based on user needs using inclusive and universal design principles.
- Organize everything from user tests to larger surveys through practical design research (qualitative and quantitative methods).
- Take part in the prioritization of what is to be developed together with the Product, Tech, and UX team.
- Design prototypes to explore hypotheses in partnership with product and tech teams.
- Follow human-centered design methods to create a testing cadence on user feedback loops for continuous iteration.
- Help increase understanding of the value of design across the organization and larger investment group.
- Develop a design system in partnership with the tech team to ensure quality standards for design elements and to create a unified voice/vision for Deepinsight products.
- Contribute to continuous methods development to strengthen the professional environment within UX.
What we expect of you
- You feel inspired by our mission and values and are motivated to build and scale a data and AI company through strong design and product.
- Preferred Masters in Design, however experience can compensate for lack of formal education.
- Around 5 years of experience with digital product design.
- User-centric focus.
- You display high-level leadership behaviour: you take responsibility, enjoy mentoring and guiding others, are self-driven and take initiative.
- You have solid problem solving and analytical skills, you love to learn, and are able to see the big picture.
- You are a communications enabler, getting information that helps drive decision making.
- You are comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment and understand that your responsibilities will vary and change as the company grows.
Professional proficiency in Norwegian is considered a great asset. Also, a history of co-creation with development teams is a plus but not required. Previous experience in health tech is highly valued.
Benefits for you
- The opportunity to join and shape a purpose-driven company aiming to truly make a difference in healthcare
- A culture that fosters continuous learning, curiosity and transparency. We have a flat hierarchy, and everyone gets a say when we make decisions. Just to give an example, our ENPS (Employer Net Promoter Score) is double the industry standard (Q1, 2022) which we are very happy and proud of!
- Given the challenges that lie ahead in scaling and building a technology company, plenty of opportunities for personal growth
- Working with other Deeps who take pride in their craft, but also have a pragmatic approach to solving problems
- A chance to work with top engineers, data scientists, user researchers and the rest of the product team
- A competitive salary, private health insurance and paid mobile telephone subscription
- A chance to buy shares through our employee shareholder programme
- Flexible work hours and a culture that values work-life balance
A point on diversification
We know that innovation thrives on product teams where diverse points of view come together to solve complex problems. We explicitly seek people who bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experiences into the position. Please be prepared to share how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to our company.
Who are we, the Deeps?
The Deeps are purpose-driven, ambitious, curious, and motivated by our mission of using math for good. At Deepinsight we believe in tackling problems that matter. We believe in building data driven products that will completely alter the way healthcare works today, and we take pride in our craft while doing so. We believe in building a safe work environment where Deeps can thrive and be happy. Deeps first is our mantra. It is people that build great products, and it is people that build great companies. Together we are on a journey of learning. No one is perfect, and we try to inspire and challenge each other every single day.
If you believe that Deepinsight sounds like a good match for you, we would love to get in touch. We are still an early phase startup on a growth journey within healthcare, so come on, join the ride, and be part of shaping things from the start!