Would you like to use your craft in software engineering for bringing very concrete improvements to peoples’ lives? We at Deepinsight are a purpose-driven group of people on a mission to change the lives of people for the better. Our vision is to take advantage of the unused potential in today’s health data through mathematics and code to create better health services. This will directly result in higher quality patient care, more efficient hospital operations and facilitating further research on the use of data in the healthcare sector.
We shoot for the stars and have partnered up with the finest companies and investors in the industry to reach our ambitious goals. We have an active collaboration with Norway’s largest Electronic Health Record (EHR) service provider for hospitals, DIPS AS, and we have brought on Kernel AS as our long term strategic investor. This unique triangle of players sets the stage for one of the most thrilling startup adventures in the intersection of healthcare, data and technology in Europe.
We are now looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our development team to work on our products and make sure that our data scientists have the best possible tools at hand. We are growing at a fast pace, which enables tailoring the kind of role that aligns with your career goals - the role can lean towards mentoring or architecture work, for example.
Would you like to join the adventure and make a real difference in the Norwegian healthcare industry? We hope to talk to you soon!
Key responsibilities as Senior Software Engineer
- Deploy and maintain working systems in highly secured environments in healthcare
- Contribute to giving our data scientists superpowers; you will be enabling them to build and deploy their own data and ML pipelines
- Contribute to lifting the engineering skills of our data scientists through active collaboration
- Work closely with the other Deeps: engineers, data scientists and product managers
What we expect of you
- You feel inspired by our mission and values
- You are motivated to build and scale a data and AI company
- You take responsibility and initiative, and are self-driven
- You love software development and enjoy problem-solving
- Experience of programming in widely used languages (e.g. Python, Java, or Scala) and willingness to learn other languages when required
- Ability to design systems that are highly scalable and reliable
- Experience of building APIs and services using REST
- Acknowledging the importance of code quality and seeing how testing and code review can help achieve this
- Caring for privacy and security and have at least a basic understanding of these
Experience from a SaaS product company is a plus but not required. We appreciate a technology-agnostic approach to engineering.
A point on diversification
We know that innovation thrives on product teams where diverse points of view come together to solve complex problems. We explicitly seek people who bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experiences into the position. Please be prepared to share how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to our company.
Benefits for you
- The opportunity to join and shape a purpose-driven company aiming to truly make a difference in healthcare
- A culture that fosters continuous learning, curiosity and transparency. We have a flat hierarchy, and everyone gets a say when we make decisions. Just to give an example, our ENPS (Employer Net Promoter Score) is double the industry standard (Q1, 2022) which we are very happy and proud of!
- Given the challenges that lie ahead in scaling and building a technology company, plenty of opportunities for personal growth
- Working with other Deeps who take pride in their craft and have a pragmatic approach to solving problems
- A chance to work with top engineers, data scientists, user researchers and the rest of the product team
- A competitive salary, private health insurance and paid mobile telephone subscription
- Participation in our employee shareholder programme
- Flexible work hours and a culture that values work-life balance
Who are we, the Deeps?
The Deeps are purpose-driven, ambitious, curious, and motivated by our mission of using math for good. At Deepinsight we believe in tackling problems that matter. We believe in building data driven products that will completely alter the way healthcare works today, and we take pride in our craft while doing so. We believe in building a safe work environment where Deeps can thrive and be happy. Deeps first is our mantra. It is people that build great products, and it is people that build great companies. Together we are on a journey of learning. No one is perfect, and we try to inspire and challenge each other every single day.
If you believe that Deepinsight sounds like a good match for you, we would love to get in touch. We are still an early phase startup on a growth journey within healthcare, so come on, join the ride, and be part of shaping things from the start!